To see an unofficial tutorial in french, please visit this site. Will need to register. Special thanks to Zepiii.
- What is this software?
- How does RemoteTracker?
- Rescue (Anti Kidnapping) Function, the TopSecret application
- Stopping Emergency Messages (Stopping TopSecret)
- Remote Control, the RTRemote application
- SIM Card Change Protection
- Is RemoteTracker Safe?
- Configuring RemoteTracker
- How to Send a Command to RemoteTracker?
- Basic Commands
- E-Mail Basic Commands
- Advanced Commands
- E-Mail Advanced Commands
- FTP Commands
- MortScript Commands
- How can I be up to dated with news and versions?
What is this software?
This software is a very simple way to track your device when it was lost, stolen or
if you want to use your device for security purpose to track your car, for example. There are
several utilities for RemoteTracker, use your imagination! But remember, that you can't
use RemoteTracker to track people without their approval.
How does RemoteTracker?
RemoteTracker works intercepting formatted SMS (Text Message) sent from any mobile phone. If you want to know
where is your device, you have to use any other phone and send a SMS to your disappeared device.
The SMS you send should start by RT# (or RT2# for HTC HD2 users)
followed by some parameters listed later below. HTC HD2 users MUST use rt2# instead of rt# because the method used to intercept messages does not work in this device.
That SMS intercepted by RemoteTracker will have commands to let you control your device remotely.
There are basic and advanced commands. You will use them according to your knowledge.
After send a command, RemoteTracker will process the command and send an answer to your. This
answer can be another SMS, an E-Mail or a file send to your FTP account, if you have one.
It's important to say: RemoteTracker works in silent mode. There is no interface when a command is processing.
Rescue (Anti Kidnapping) Function, the TopSecret application
RemoteTracker can help you to preserv your own security. You can set up four mobile phones and four e-mails
to be used when you have problems and need help. Here you must type the information of your wife, mother, father or so.
In Programs you will find an application named TopSecret. After start this program you will
be asked to type a password. This is a fake and you don't need to type anything. After 30 seconds, if you don't click
in cancel, a pre-defined message will be sent to your four emergency mobile number and to your four emergency
e-mails followed by your name and your current position based of your GPS information.
TopSecret is not enabled by default. To active that funcion you will need to check the Options/Active TopSecret option using
the Config application.
Stopping Emergency Messages (Stopping TopSecret)
TopSecret will send emergency message until you softreset your device. This is the only way to stop it.
Remote Control, the RTRemote application
Also in Programs you will find the RTRemote application. This application has two objectives:
1- Test RemoteTracker in your own device without pay for SMS;
2- Send commands to another SmartPhone with RemoteTracker without type SMS. RTRemote do it for your.
SIM Card Change Protection
A great problem when you install a software like RemoteTracker is: if the SIM card was changed everything is lost!
No! Everytime your device starts the installed SIM card will be verified if it is a know or an unknow SIM card. You
can set up to four know SIM cards. If someone install an unkown SIM card, you will receive messages alerting you about
the change and you will know the new mobile number to let you keep tracking your device.
Is RemoteTracker Safe?
RemoteTracker has some features to presert your security:
- SIM Card Change Protection;
- Hidden mode. RemoteTracked is not show in Uninstall Application list and it's moved to another folder;
- Password. You can only uninstall RemoteTracker or answer a command after type/send the password. Warning: if you lose your password you can use the commands LOSTPASS and SECRET (see below) to retrieve it (see the FAQ).
If you are reading this Help, probably you started the Config application in Program
folder. If not, please start this application.
Click in Menu to see the itens you can config:
- Options: here you have the options to control the behavior of RemoteTracker:
- Languages: you can select the best language for you. There are several languages available. And you can make your own translation. Please e-mail the author about it.
- Debug Mode: this option will be used if you need to report some bug. When checked, every command will be traced and a file will be created. Send this file when you e-mail the author.
- Turn Screen Off While Running: checked by default, this option will let your device process a command in hidden mode.
- Active TopSecret: disabled by default, this option will let you to use the TopSecret application.
- Password: you can set a password, a secret question and a secret answer. This is a very useful option because this password will be used to process a command, to enter Config and to uninstall RemoteTracker. Without a password anyone can control your device. The secret question/answer will be used with the commands LOSTPASS and SECRET to retrieve a lost password (see the FAQ).
- E-Mail Cofiguration: as described above, RemoteTracker can answer commands using e-mail. But you must setup an e-mail account to be used to send messages.
- GPS Attempts for GPS Commands: any GPS commands will try to connect with satellites using the GPS radio. But, if your device is inside a building it can't connect. To prevent a battery draining RemoteTracker has a limit of attempts.
- Timeout for ELT/FLT Commands: ELT/FLT are special GPS commands to record the track your device are doing and send a KMZ file to you by e-mail/FTP. This file can be opened in Google Earth.
- Define Alarm Sound: you can chose a diferent sound file to be played when RemoteTracker process the ALARM command.
- FTP Configurations: if you have a personal FTP account, you can setup this account here and RemoteTracker will be able to answer you send files to your FTP server. If you don't know what FTP is, leave it blank.
- GPS Configuration: there are two ways to use your GPS: managed by Windows Mobile or Manually using COM port and Baud Rate selection.
- Hide RemoteTracker: this option once started can't be undone. RemoteTracker will be moved to another folder and removed from Program folder and Uninstall list. Be sure use did the entire configurations before use this function.
- CellID to Coordinate Provider: you can choose between three providers: OpenCellId (http://www.opencellid.org, default), Google Maps (unofficial) or
CellDB (http://www.celldb.org). When you send a command to RemoteTracker to use some GPS feature, RemoteTracker will try to get the current position based on GPS information. But what happens if
there are no GPS signal or if your device does not have a GPS receiver? RemoteTracker will get the information about the cellular tower (CELLID) and send to one of that providers. They will answer the the coordinate of the tower. It's not so accurated as GPS, but
it's better than nothing.
- WEB: This feature is not implemented yet.
- SIM Cards: you can set up to four known SIM cards. If you, or anyone, change the SIM card to an unknow card, your emergency number and e-mails will receive a message alerting you about the change and with the new number
- Emergency Numbers: here you can set up to four mobile numbers to be used when your SIM card is changed to an unknow one, or if you start the TopSecret application.
- Emergency E-Mails: here you can set up to four e-mail address to be used when your SIM card is changed to an unknow one, or if you start the TopSecret application.
- Emergency Message: you can create your own custom help message to be sent when you start the TopSecret application.
- View Command Log: every command received is saved in a encrypted file. This option allow you to see what your RemoteTracker answered.
- Apply Configuration: save the configuration without exit the application.
- Help: show this help screen.
- About: show an about message.
How to Send a Command to RemoteTracker?
To send a command to RemoteTracker you have to send a SMS to your device. This SMS must follow the sintax:
rt#[command]#[mobile number or e-mail address]#[password]
rt2#[command]#[mobile number or e-mail address]#[password]
- rt# or rt2# are the headers. Windows Mobile will know it has to start RemoteTracker because the message starts with that headers. For this tutorial, we will say just the first, but both can be used. HD2 users MUST use rt2# because rt# does not work;
- [command] is the command to be processed. Please see the list below;
- [mobile number or e-mail address] this is optional. If the command will be answer by SMS, you can define the mobile phone to receive that answer. If you leave it blank the message will be sent to the caller. If the command answer by e-mail you can setup the address to receive the answer. If you leave it blank the default e-mail address will be used;
- [password] this parameter is optional, but if you defined a password in Config application, so it will be mandatory.
- # this character is the separator. You must type it to delimiter the parameters.
- rt#[command] - will process the [command] and answer by SMS to caller, no password;
- rt#[command]#12345678 - will process the [command] and answer by SMS to 12345678, no password;
- rt#[command]#12345678#1234 - will process the [command] and answer by SMS to 12345678 using 1234 as password;
- rt#[command]##1234 - will process the [command] and answer by SMS to caller using 1234 as password. Note de double #.
- rt2#[command] - will process the [command] and answer by SMS to caller, no password;
- rt2#[command]#12345678 - will process the [command] and answer by SMS to 12345678, no password;
- rt2#[command]#12345678#1234 - will process the [command] and answer by SMS to 12345678 using 1234 as password;
- rt2#[command]##1234 - will process the [command] and answer by SMS to caller using 1234 as password. Note de double #.
- All commands started with the E letter is a command with answer by e-mail;
- All commands started with the F letter is a command with answer by FTP, except the FINDME command;
- Some commands need extra parameter. In this case the sintax is: rt#["command,extra parameter"]#[number or e-mail]#[password]
- HELP - send the list of commands by SMS
- CB - make a call to a number and let the microphone opened
- GP - start the GPS and send the coordinates after fixed
- PB - send all contacts in SIM card
- GO - get owner information. This Owner Information is defined in Start/Settings
- RST - softreset your device
- FINDME - this command is useful for you to tell friends where you are. Your friend send this command to you and your device will aks you if you want to answer with your coordinates. This command does not use passwords
- ALARM - just play a sound. Useful when you don't remember where the device is, but you know it's your home
- GI - Get the device's IMEI number and the installed SIM card IMSI number
E-Mail Basic Commands
- ELT - log the path your device are doing and send a KML file by e-mail to be used with Google Earth
- EHELP - same as 'help', by e-mail
- EGP - same as 'gp', by e-mail
- EPB - same as 'pb', by e-mail
- EGO - same as 'go', by e-mail
- EGI - same as 'gi', by e-mail
- DSC - delete SIM contacts
- DKZ - delete KMZ files
- GANFL - send a list of all incoming and outgoing calls if you have VITO Audio Notes installed
- GIP - send the current IP address. If your device does not have an IP, an internet connection will be estabilished. You can use this command with
VNC (charged software) or
MyMobiler (free software) and full control your device remotely.
- VNC - start VNC server
- LISTAPP - list all installed applications
- RUNAPP - run a defined application. This command uses a special sintax: rt#runapp,[AppToRun]##[password]
- CELLID - return informations from current cell tower
- LOCK - lock your device. This command uses a special sintax: rt#lock,[personal lock message]##[password] . BE CAREFUL WITH THIS COMMAND. DON'T TRY THIS IF YOU CAN'T USE THE UNLOCK COMMAND!
- UNLOCK - unlock your device
- MSG - show a dialog box to user with a message. This command uses a special sintax: rt#msg#["text to send"]#[password]
- CALLHIST - return the call history. By default you will receive the last 5 calls, but you can define the number of calls you want to see. This command uses a special sintax: rt#callhist,[number of calls]##[password]
- DELCARD - that command should be used carefully. When you send this command, RemoteTracker will erase all unprotected files stored in memory cards. This is a good idea when you lose your device with sensitive data saved in your card
- LOSTPASS - this command sends to user a SMS with his secret question (defined in Menu/Options/Password). To use this command the user don't need to type any password (obviously) and it was designed to be used with the 'secret' command
- SECRET - using this command you will send the secret answer (defined in Menu/Options/Password) and, if it is correct, RemoteTracker will send a SMS with your password. To use this command the user don't need to type any password (obviously) and it was designed to be used with the 'lostpass' command. The user will need to send an extra parameter, so, the sintax of this command is a little bit different: rt#secret,"(your answer)"#(number)
E-Mail Advanced Commands
- EGANFL - same as 'ganfl', by e-mail
- EGANF - send all incoming and outgoing calls records if you have VITO Audio Notes installed. By default you will receive the last 5 records, but you can define the number of records you want to see. This command uses a special sintax: rt#eganf,[number of records]##[password]
- EGIP - same as 'gip', by e-mail
- ELISTAPP - same as 'listapp', by e-mail
- ECELLID - same as 'cellid', by e-mail
- ECALLHIST - same as 'callhist', by e-mail
- ESMS - send a zip file with a xml inside with the full SMS history, by e-mail
- EOUTLOOK - send a zip file with two xmls files. One with Outlook appointments and other with Outlook contacts, by e-mail
- FTP - send files to a configured server. This command uses a special sintax: rt#ftp,[file1],[file2],[file3]##[password]
- FHELP - same as 'help', by FTP
- FGP - same as 'gp', by FTP
- FPB - same as 'pb', by FTP
- FLT - same as 'elt', by FTP
- FGO - same as 'go', by FTP
- FGI - same as 'gi', by FTP
- FGANFL - same as 'ganfl', by FTP
- FGANF - same as 'eganf', by FTP
- FGIP - same as 'gip', by FTP
- FLISTAPP - same as 'listapp', by FTP
- FCELLID - same as 'cellid', by FTP
- FCALLHIST - same as 'callhist', by FTP
- FSMS - send a zip file with a xml inside with the full SMS history, by FTP
- EOUTLOOK - send a zip file with two xmls files. One with Outlook appointments and other with Outlook contacts, by FTP
- MSLIST - list the MortScript files found on device
- EMSLIST - same as 'mslist', by e-mail
- FMSLIST - same as 'mslist', by FTP
- MSRUN - run MortScript files found on device. This command uses a special sintax: rt#msrun,[script1],[script2],[script3]##[password]
How can I be up to dated with news and versions?
You can be notified about news and versions in several ways:
- Using AppToDate: You can download and install the
It's an application developed to help you to find new versions of your installed applications.
This application will not tell you about versions automatically. You must run the application
to look for new versions;
- Following the Blog: You can sign and follow the
In the blog we will let you know about news and versions. Also, you are invited to post your comments;
- Monitoring Versions: Sourceforge has a tool to monitoring the versions. You must
create a free account or
login in Sourceforge
and them sign the Package Monitor.
When a a new version will be released, you will receive an e-mail
- Mailing list: Sourceforge also has a mailing list feature. You can sign the RemoteTracker mailing list and receive in your e-mail
news about releases:
CellID to Coordinates menu
E-Mail account definition
GPS attempts definition
Minutes definition for ELT/FLT commands
FTP server definition
Command log screen
TopSecret fake screen